Elder Neglect & Abuse
Our nursing home practice and our practice for developmentally disabled
- Death by bedrail strangulation.
- Death by caregiver neglect.
- Failure to provide adequate services in a residential center.
- Decubitus ulcers so badly neglected that major surgery was required, resulting
in significant loss of body tissue.
- Failure to assess patients for risks of pressure sores.
- Failure to inform legal guardians of treatment plans.
Often we are called upon to end mistreatment before a dramatic injury.
We try to help with prevention, too.
Domina Law Group's Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Dramatic and tragic things happen in nursing homes. They range from malnutrition
to falls to medication mistakes to neglect resulting in dramatic bedsores
and decubitus ulcers. By consensus, family members can look for five (5)
telltale signs to evaluate nursing home performance:
Changes in any of these areas merit immediate attention and may signal
Evidence of these changes often makes a material difference in cases Domina
Law Group pc llo handles for clients with personal injuries and deaths
occurring in assisted living facilities, nursing home, homes for developmentally-disabled
persons, or other places where residents of limited abilities have a right
to expect quality care.